Canada ranks consistently among the best places to live, work and study in. In 2018 and 2019 Canada was ranked as the third best country in the world to live in by the US News & World Report. This is largely because of the unique culture in Canada which welcomes everyone. What is more is that Canada offers great access to the best education in the world, has the best universal health care system and a tremendously low violence and crime rate. More and more people from around the world and especially students choose Canada.
Whether you plan on relocating permanently or temporarily to this amazing country it is good to start by understanding the culture in Canada. Here are some of the most important things you need to understand.
Welcome to Curious Arts
Do you love art? If you do then the Curious Arts is one event you cannot afford to miss when in Canada. The whole purpose of Curious Arts is to take a peek behind the scenes to reveal the making of music, theater, art and design. This amazing event is at the University of Alberta. The UAlberta arts allow you to see live theater, art exhibits, main stage concerts and a lot more. The Curious Arts at the University of Alberta is inspired by the whole world. This is the perfect place for the curiouse and people who want to better understand the culture in Canada.
Attending the Curious Arts event will not only help you see the best in art but also take you behind the scenes of the creative process where you see projects develop from a simple idea to something totally amazing. Here you get to meet the fine art makers at the University of Alberta which include the current music, drama, art and design students as well as creative alumni, staff, technicians, faculty and guests. What is more is that as you learn the culture in Canada you can check out the fine arts programs offered at the University of Alberta.
Discover the Lifestyle in Canada
- Yoga on parliament hill
- Entertainment and nightlife
With such a rapidly growing gambling industry, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in Canada, and here’s a sneak peek into this variety:
- CA Online Casinos: There are so many platforms that provide a fun and comprehensive gambling experience, which you can learn more about in the Top10Casinos detailed overview, helping you to make the right choice when choosing the best CA online casino. You can find everything from real money slots to live video poker, with some of the most popular titles being Buffalo Trail, 777 Deluxe, Gonzo’s Quest, Aztec’s Legend, and more.
- CA Land-Based Casinos: And while the digital has left a mark on the gambling industry in Canada, retail casinos haven’t suffered. In fact, the more than 100 CA land-based casinos have evolved and now offer a wide range of traditional and modern gambling options.
- CA Sports Betting: If you’re a sports lover, then you’ll have no trouble finding sports betting opportunities in Canada, regardless of whether you’re a novice or an experienced bettor. There are over 60 online sportsbooks that offer an array of traditional and niche sports. Ice Hockey, Basketball, Soccer, and Lacrosse stand out as the most popular ones among Canadian bettors. However, don’t forget to bet responsibly, as each province in Canada has a different approach to regulating sports betting activity.
- CA Horse Racing Betting: You’ll also find horse racing betting at renowned CA online betting sites, such as Bet365, Betway, and BetVictor (licensed in Ontario only). It’s a chance to take advantage of competitive odds, as well as various betting markets, including win, place, show, exacta, trifecta, etc. But horse racing betting isn’t limited to online sportsbooks only. You can actually place bets on horse races at many racetracks across the country, where popular Canadian live racing events such as the Queen’s Plate, the Woodbine Mile, and the Breeders’ Stakes often take place.
Exploring the Capital City Ottawa
Exploring the Capital City Ottawa
Most Respected Names in Culture & Art
Emily Carr: one of the pioneering artists of modernist and post-impressionist style of painting in Canada.
Shary Boyle: She traverses multiple media in her explorations of class, sexuality and gender injustices. She is renowned for her fragile ceramic figurines.
Agnes Martin: Minimalist painter.
Jeff Wall: Best known by lovers of art for his large scale, backlit, transparent images that he began creating in 1977.
Today’s Most Popular Canadian Musicians
Bare Naked Ladies
Tegan and Sarah
The diverse culture in Canada is one of the things that make this country the safest and most comfortable country to live in. There is something for everyone whether you are interested in art fashion, entertaiment in a Canada casino, best dining experience in restaurants and bars or the nightlife. Ottawa has the best casinos led by the Casino du Lac Leamy, the Rideau Carleton Raceway and the Full House Casino Rentals. Canada is without any doubt the best place to discover life from a whole new perspective.